Monday, August 13, 2012

[Sewing] Kindle Cover


I have no idea why this project took so long. But over a recent weekend, I got tired of pinning my kindle cover closed with a straight pin, walked upstairs and finished it in about 5 minutes. It took longer to find the cording than it did to sew it.



Tada. One Kindle Cover, 0 dollars. 



Looking at pictures, I clearly need to clean it up a bit, but at least I finished it. I measured my kindle, cut fabric I pulled from my stash of cottons I will one day quilt with, cut matching pieces of fleece for the inside, and sewed a rectangle. I left a bit more on one side for the closing portion. And that's where I stopped for FOREVER.




And then the other night, I was tired of it not even remotely looking finished. I pinned down the edges and sewed them down using about a 1/4 inch seam allowance. I didn't care if you could see the stitch on the top. I just wanted it done. Then I found some cording and a button (also from my existing stash). I sewed the button by hand and then went back and forth over the cording loop by machine.

I may clean it up, I may not. It was meant to be functional, so that I can stick my kindle in my purse and worry not about it getting scratched. I think I've accomplished that. Now, will someone please lend me A Song of Ice and Fire so I can be with the reading??!!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment